All children love trains. There is something quite magical and fascinating about them. They can take us all manner of adventures, and have been used by authors for many years. Harry Potter began his new life boarding one, and Paddington Bear started a new chapter in his life disembarking from one.
Whatever train book your grandchildren love, they are really going to enjoy making and eating this fun snack.
For more great ideas check out My Mommy Style
It is so easy to do and so healthy too!
The Froot Toot Train!
You will need:
- Strawberries, blueberries & other small fruits
Here’s what to do:
- As you can probably tell from the image this is just a cut and assemble job.
- There is no reason why your grandchild couldn’t make a bus, a plane or even an animal. It’s up to their imagination.
- Younger children may need help assembling their creations and watch that they know how sharp a toothpick can be!
Things to do while your grandkids are enjoying their snack –
- Create a train out of boxes
- Write their own train story
- Visit a railway museum
- Travel on a train and record their experiences on the voice recorder on your phone.
- Draw a train-family where each carriage as things about one member of the family painted on it. You could also cut out pictures from magazines and glue them to the carriages too.
- Have a family debate – “Trains are better than cars because…”
Don’t have a train book, but want to enjoy the snack and do the activities?
Check out these fun books: