How To Review a Children’s Book on Amazon
Many of the authors we celebrate here in Astro’s Adventures Book Club are independent authors who write and publish books because they are passionate about their craft.
They pay for every part of the book production. They don’t have an agent, either. Instead, every part of their book was created by themselves or they paid professionals to do them.
They do this not for huge financial rewards, but because they want to create great books for children.
Without all their hard work the world of children’s literature would be very poor indeed. Our children would only be able to read books published by big publishing houses.
Independent authors offer a rich, diverse, and unique content and ideas for your grandchildren.
Review the Books You Share
One way you can support independent authors is to write a review for them. Giving your honest opinion helps them to hone their craft.
Reviews also support and encourage other readers to choose independent books, and share them with their grandchildren too.
How to Review a Children’s Book on Amazon
Here’s How to Review a Children’s Book on Amazon –
- Purchase the book so your review has ‘verified purchase’ next to it.
- Clearly state what interested your grandchild about the story. Why did they or you choose this particular book?
- Explain how they felt or reacted to the story. Did they laugh, smile, get angry or were they a bit scared.
- Did your grandchild find the text challenging or was the book easy to read?
- Share your own thoughts about the book. Rather than saying it was good, explain what character or part of the book you liked.
- Rate the book out of 5 stars. It is up to you what kind of rating you give the book, of course, but speak to your grandchild about how many stars they think the book is worth, and put this in your review.
- Always be honest, but polite. If the book wasn’t suited to your grandchild, perhaps it would be to another child. If you have any criticisms of the book, make sure they are constructive. Frame them in such a way so the author can do better. All books can be modified and changed.
- Mention your grandchild’s age, but don’t give their name for privacy reasons.
- You could also mention what other books your grandchild enjoys reading.
The more you involve your grandchild in reviewing the book, the better the review will be.
Reviewing a book is a great way to help independent authors become more confident and creative. Then they can go on to produce even better books for your grandchildren.